The Ventura County Special Districts Association (VCSDA) represents more than thirty independently-governed special districts in Ventura County. Special districts are single-purposed entities formed by local residents to provide local services; they are an efficient form of local government, and nimble to respond to customer needs. Established in 1974, VCSDA serves by providing information on how independent special districts efficiently and effectively deliver public sector services. Independent Special Districts have been providing quality services to 95% of Ventura County's residents since 1918.
- To promote the efficient, economical and responsive manner in which public services are provided by independent special districts in Ventura County.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas among Independent Special Districts;
- Inform and interpret for the public, governmental agencies and other groups about the purpose, activities and accomplishments of Independent Special Districts;
- Provide a focal point for the cooperation and coordination of Independent Special District projects with cities, the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO), the Ventura County Board of Supervisors and other agencies;
- Foster legislation which will facilitate the delivery of services to Independent Special District constituents.